Dubbo is a long way from our family in Sydney so we often find ourselves in the car with Bear for many hours at a time.
We have just returned from our second holiday to the South Coast with Bear. We made the same journey this time last year and had such a fantastic time we've braved the drive again. That's a 570km drive (7 hours) according to Google maps. It took us longer than that - but who's counting?
I thought that I would share some of Bear's favourite things to do in the car at 18 months.
*Anything is much more exciting when presented in a mystery bag!
Other games we play together are:
- truck spotting
- legs in, legs out, legs up, legs down
Meals and snacks are a great way to pass time. I save the sweet treats until the last 2-3 hours.
Other ways that we maintain our sanity include:
- We hit the road first thing in the morning
- We make play stops every 2-3 hours - the grown ups eat while the Bear stretches his legs
- We enforce quiet time when Bear gets cranky (Bear doesn't sleep in the car!!)
- I sit in the back and have fun with him for the last hour to leave a pleasant memory for next time :)
My name is Vicky I am wife to Ranger and mum to two boys - Bear (2) and Fox (8 months). Somehow I stumbled across Montessori and now my goal is to raise and educate my children with a Montessori philosophy in country NSW Australia.